Freshers 2020 - Induction & Sliding Instructions
SASTRA DEEMED UNIVERSITY
THANJAVUR – 613 401
INDUCTION & SLIDING PROCESS FOR 2020-21 FRESHERS
We are sure that you would have enjoyed the comprehensive online orientation that provided all of you varied inputs and training to ensure that you have a smooth transition from school to university life. Kindly submit the online feedback on the orientation and we shall value them a lot as we move forward. The following shall be the guidelines for various activities scheduled for the forthcoming days before online classes commence on October 5, 2020. You are advised to read the instructions carefully and plan accordingly:
- The online submission of choices for sliding against possible vacancies shall be made on September 26, 2020. Students are advised to submit 1 or 2 or 3 choices only. If all 3 choices are submitted, we shall process them in that order. Students not interested in 2nd or 3rd choice may refrain from submitting all 3 choices and restrict to only one. The sliding results shall be published on September 28, 2020. Sliding is only for the UG B.Tech. / 5-Year Integrated M.Tech. programmes at main campus only and for SRC later, if necessary.
- Once sliding results are released and reconciled, the online time-table for 1st semester classes shall be available in the website from October 3, 2020
- The document verification process shall happen between September 29 & 30, 2020. Before the verification starts, students are advised to upload their attested academic documents (Class X, XII mark sheets, TC & Migration Certificate, if available only) and most recent passport photo. Students desirous of correcting any errors in their names, DOB or contact details may also do so. This online window for document uploading & data verification shall be open between September 26 & 28, 2020.
- Various student club orientation and audition shall happen on September 29 & 30, 2020. Interested students may register and participate in these sessions. Registration can be done at www.sastra.edu on September 27, 2020.
- There shall be an India Quiz on October 1, 2020 to commemorate Gandhi Jayanthi. Its an online prelims and finals and students are encouraged to participate in large numbers. Attractive prizes await winners.
- Registration for hostel accommodation will begin only from the 1st week of November, 2020. No hostel shall be provided for students staying within a travel radius of 75kms from campus and there is no hostel for SRC students.
- The registration number (new number for slided candidates alone) and the assigned e-mail ID shall be used for all official communication and you are advised to use them cautiously and frequently.
- All classes for all the degree programmes shall commence as per the academic calendar from October 5, 2020 at 9:05 a.m. and students shall use their official e-mail ID for class room access
Wishing you all good luck and hoping to seeing you soon on campus.