SASTRA Deemed University
34th Convocation - 2020
The 34th Convocation of SASTRA Deemed University will be held on Saturday the 31st of October 2020, at 4 p.m.
One of the leading corporate leaders and thinkers of the country will deliver the Convocation address.
The following instructions shall be noted and adhered to:
- All precautions against Covid-19 such as social distancing, wearing of face mask shall be observed throughout the proceedings.
- Ph. D. Graduands of 2020, Special Awardees and Best Outgoing students of the 2020 graduating batch from each School alone are allowed to receive the degree in person, if they so desire.
- Graduands who are eligible to receive the degree in person shall register online for confirmation of their participation in person. Please note that it is optional and the decision to come in person is entirely yours. The online registration will open on Tuesday the 20th October and will close on Wednesday the 21st October at 5 p.m.
- List of graduands eligible to receive their degree in person will be displayed on the SASTRA website on Tuesday 20th October 2020.
- Graduands attending the convocation shall be permitted to enter the campus only after ensuring all precautions against Covid-19. If any graduand is found to have symptoms of Covid-19 such as high temperature, he or she shall not be permitted to enter the campus.
- The graduand will be allowed to enter the campus on the day of convocation, an hour before the commencement of the convocation. No other accompanying person will be permitted inside the campus. After the conclusion of the function, snacks will be provided to the graduands.
- Request from the graduands for stay in campus, either in guest house or in the students’ home will not be entertained for any reason whatsoever.
- During the convocation proceedings, each graduand will receive the degree strictly following social distancing and other precautions against Covid-19.
- The attire for the graduands attending the Convocation in person and receiving their degree will be: Cotton saree for female graduands and Khurta and Pyjama for the male graduands. Strol will be provided on the day of the Convocation.
- All other graduands belonging to graduating batch of 2020 will receive their degree in absentia.
- Such students shall register online with their correct postal address and contact details. Registration for receiving degree through post will be open on the University website from 1st November 2020. Degree certificates will be dispatched through speed post for all other graduands of the graduating batch 2020, from 16th November 2020 onwards.
- Request for in-person collection of the degree certificate at campus shall be entertained only after clear SOP from competent authorities is notified or from December 2nd onwards, whichever is later.
The entire convocation proceedings shall be streamed live at SASTRA YouTube channel and can be accessed at www.sastra.edu
Wishing you all Good Luck and Safe Stay