I Year Opening Day Instruction | 16 Feb, 2022
OPENING DAY INSTRUCTIONS FOR I YEAR STUDENTS & PARENTS
Dear freshers & parents,
Welcome to SASTRA!
Beginning February 21, 2022 we shall open the campus for the first time to the SASTRA freshers admitted during the academic year 2021-22 and we feel as excited to receive you on campus as you are to attend classes on campus. For the benefit of smooth transition into a university ecosystem, we provide the following instruction and solicit your cooperation in following the same:
- The on-campus hostel shall be available for all those registered students from February 18, 2022 6:00. p.m. with dinner session. The hostel allotment can be checked here and the room number shall be provided on arrival. No room change request shall be entertained. The boys hostel is located opposite to the campus. For those coming from Trichy, its on the left hand side just before the campus and for those coming from Thanjavur, you are advised to cross the campus and take a U-turn to reach the hostel. Girls hostel is located inside the campus through the university’s main entrance.
- It is advised that students carry their own mattress for a cot size of 6ft x 2.5ft, bucket, mug, etc. However, mattress can be ordered for delivery at hostel also.
- To facilitate the stay for accompanying parents, the guest house (A/C & non-A/C rooms) shall be available on a one-day stay basis. Parents can check in at 8:00p.m. on Feb 18th and need to check out by 6p.m. on February 19, 2022. This one-day stay shall be upto Feb 21 6:00p.m. only. No requests for extension of stay is permissible. Online guest house booking is complete and those registered will receive GH booking confirmation by e-mail. The capacity of each room is not more than 3 and only one room can be booked for one student. The guest house is located opposite to the campus in front of the boy’s hostel.
- The refresher classes shall be held on Feb 21, 22 & 23, 2021. The time-table with class room numbers is available here. Though attendance to the refresher classes is optional, students are advised to attend few classes based on their levels of preparedness. All class rooms are located inside the Integrated Academic Block (IAB).
- The hostel inmates shall complete their document verification and ID card collection on February 19 & 20 inside the library in IAB as per their previously registered schedule. Day scholars shall do the same on February 21 & 22. The ID card is necessary to attend the end-semester examinations. Kindly ensure you have enough copies of your Class XII mark sheet, TC and Migration Certificate (if applicable) before you submit the originals. Wi-Fi registration for hostel students shall be done in the hostel premises. We follow a one-student/one-device Wi-Fi policy.
- Students who have registered for university bus can check their confirmation status online on Feb 20, 2022. No change in registered bus-spots shall be entertained
- We sincerely hope that all students would have completed their 1st vaccination dosage. Such students may submit copy of their vaccination certificate. The university is also arranging for a vaccination camp on March 11 & 12, 2022 on campus for students requiring 1st/2nd dosage. Kindly wear mask and follow COVID appropriate behaviour on your travel and we shall also provide you with N95 masks as you reach campus.
- The even semester classes shall resume after a small break on March 16, 2022. Students desiring to go to their home-towns may plan to leave after their exams and return by March 16th morning. Hostel will not be closed for those staying back.
- This is the first major transition from school to college for students and likely to have certain adjustment issues. However, time is the best healer and by the time the 2nd semester starts from March 16, 2022 all the adjustment issued shall be solved as the campus is also opening after the COVID pandemic with certain limitations which shall go away from March 16, 2022.
We earnestly solicit the cooperation & support of students & parents and assuring you of our best at all times.
Good luck and best wishes.