Commencement of Even Semester on-campus Classes – 2021-22

Commencement of face-to-face on-campus classes - Even semester – AY 2021-‘22

Date: 14th March 2022

Dear students,

 

At the outset, we would like to share with all happiness that SASTRA has been re-accredited by NAAC (IV Cycle) with a Grade of A++ (Maximum). The Scores of 3.76/4.00 to SASTRA puts SASTRA at top in Tamilnadu and number 4 in India. We take this opportunity to thank all the stakeholders for their constant support & encouragement and shall assure our best at all times. We have arranged for distribution of sweets & savouries to all students (March 16 & 17) and visiting parents (on March 15).

 

With a hope that all are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and are keeping good health and spirits, we welcome you to campus for the even semester. The following instructions shall be followed by every student:


1. On-campus, face-to-face classes for the even semester of the academic year 2021-’22 will commence on Wednesday the 16th March 2022 at 8.45 a.m. Class time-table can be accessed through the student web interface. Soft copy of the syllabi for the courses of study may be accessed / downloaded through the web portal: https://www.sastra.edu/academics/programmes/ug-pg.html


2. Each student has to put in a minimum of 80% attendance at the end of the semester in order to appear for the end semester examinations. A condonation of 5% attendance may be granted for genuine exigencies


3. For theory courses 75% of marks shall be allocated for performance in end semester examinations. Remaining 25% marks shall be allocated for performance in continuous internal assessment (CIA) and assignment, class quiz, seminar


4. Three CIA examinations of duration of 90 minutes shall be conducted for each theory course, evenly spread across the semester. The top two performances in the CIA exams shall be considered with 10 marks allocated to each. Remaining 5 marks shall be awarded based on class quiz/ assignment/ seminar.


5. For laboratory courses 50% marks shall be awarded for internal assessment and the remaining 50% marks shall be awarded for performance in end semester examination, which shall be conducted during the semester 

 

6. For laboratory practical classes students shall follow the prescribed dress code along with shoes


7. Hostel inmates shall strictly follow the rules and regulations which are already provided to each inmate. Any student absents himself during the roll call without proper reason, he/she shall not be permitted to stay in hostel.


8. Hostel inmates shall be permitted to leave the campus only during festival holidays / two weekend per semester


9. Inmates of Vinaya hostel shall make use of the pedestrian over bridge across the highway in order to commute between hostel and campus and strictly avoid crossing the highway at any point of time.

 

10. Lunch for students staying in Vinaya Hostel will be provided in ground floor of Students Activities Centre. No other student will be permitted to have lunch in this mess.

 
11. COVID appropriate behaviour to be strictly followed

 

12. For any support or guidance, students are advised to contact their respective student counsellor/ Dean/ Associate Dean or use the online services to submit your grievances/ request.

 

 

Wishing you all the best and a fruitful academic semester

 

 

Admissions 2022