XXXIV Convocation - Instructions
SASTRA Deemed University
XXXIV Convocation - 31st October 2020
Instructions to Graduands
- Eligible graduands who have registered to receive the degree in person will be permitted to attend the Convocation. You may enter the campus from 2.45 p.m. on the day of Convocation, after checking and ensuring adherence to Covid precautions. No other accompanying person excepting the graduand shall be allowed inside the campus
- Graduands shall carry suitable photo identification and produce the same at the main gate
- Graduands shall strictly follow the dress code for the convocation - Handwoven Khurta and pyjama/trouser for males and Cotton Handloom Saree for females
- Registration shall begin at the main gate at 2. 45 p.m. and will be closed at 3.30 p.m. on 31st October 2020. No registration will be entertained after 3. 30 p.m. under any circumstance. Registration at main gate is mandatory even if online registration is done already
- Your own Convocation Stole shall be collected in front of Chanakya Building (Convocation Venue) on payment of Rs 200
- Tea has been arranged at Chanakya Building between 3 p.m and 3.30 p.m.
- Graduands shall occupy the respective seats in the Chanakya Auditorium before 3.45 p.m.
- The Convocation Procession will begin at 4 p.m. from the Chancellor’s chamber. As soon as the procession enters the Convocation hall all graduands shall stand up and keep standing until the members occupy their seats
- All members of the Academic Council of SASTRA shall occupy the seats before 3. 45 p.m. Research supervisors of Ph D graduands may attend the convocation ceremony if they wish to do so and occupy seats by 3.45 p.m.
- Following invocation, welcome address and declaration of opening of convocation and the Convocation address by the Orator, all graduands shall stand up for administration of oath
- Conferment of degrees on all graduates, award of degrees to Ph D graduands will be followed by presentation of special awards, after which, the convocation will be dissolved followed by vote of thanks and National Anthem
- Graduands shall leave the convocation hall after the procession leaves the hall. Snacks shall be served at the Chanakya entrance and graduates are advised to leave the campus and reach their respective destination safe
We seek your co-operation for the smooth conduct of the Convocation
Wishing you good luck