Mission & Vision
SASTRA's Vision and Mission reflects its commitment towards providing quality higher education, undertake meaningful research and create overall progress amongst the stakeholders involved.
SASTRA’s Vision is "To be a world class university engaging in meaningful research & development offering quality education to the students and other learners."
The Mission statement of SASTRA is "To impart value–based higher education turning out good scholars who are at the same time good individuals and good citizens in order that they may become useful members of an enlightened humane society."
The goals and objectives of SASTRA to realize the vision are:
- To become a role model Institution for higher learning
- To offer contemporary & flexible curriculum with a blend of inter-disciplinary courses to diverse students through impactful pedagogy
- To establish Research Centres of Excellence in niche areas to address global challenges and local needs
- To nurture research, innovation and entrepreneurship
- To engage in National Mission projects involving health care, manufacturing, digital, environment, clean energy and skill development
- To strengthen collaborations with premier Indian and Foreign Institutions and industries for academics and research
- To offer consultancy and executive training programmes for corporates
- To extend the benefits of higher education transcending geographical boundaries through online programmes
- To engage in extension activities and field outreach programmes for societal development
- To continue to adopt green practices for reducing carbon footprint